Foundation / Corporation
National Football League (NFL) Foundation
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $3,500 to USA professional football players and coaches (both current and former) to organize and host free, non-contact youth football summer camps. First-time coaches are required to complete an online course on heat, hydration, and concussion prevention. Funding is intended to support costs associated with organization, administration, marketing, staff, equipment, and provision of facilities.
The National Football League Foundation's Youth Football Camp Grant program recognizes NFL players and coaches who give back to communities in their hometowns or team cities while also providing positive examples for young football participants by emphasizing sportsmanship and involvement in community-wide charitable projects.
- Be free for all participants
- Only allow instruction and participation in non-contact football (tackle instruction is not permitted)
- Include positive character and life skills messaging for the youth participants
- Offer at least four hours of activities (either on a single day or over multiple days)
- Incorporate health and safety information and learning into the camp curriculum
- Be established in the NFL player or coach applicant’s name and be organized and attended by the player or coach
- Not be a source of revenue (e.g., salary, endorsements, etc.) for the NFL players, coaches, and other involved parties
- Have insurance
- Include an onsite licensed healthcare professional
Acceptable budget expenses:
- Facilities – (site rental fee, gym rental…)
- Staff – (EMS, coaching stipends, security, photographer…)
- Camp Equipment – (tents, tables, chairs, PA, football equipment…)
- Participant Costs
- Camp Administration – (insurance, supplies, shipping, food, non-alcoholic beverages…)
- Marketing – (camp brochure, signage, banners, advertising, media…)
GrantWatch ID#: 141392
Grants range from $1,000 up to $3,500.
- Current NFL players
- Former NFL players who: Are vested under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle NFL Player Retirement Plan; will host a camp associated with a nonprofit organization or school
- Current NFL coaches (head, assistant, special teams, etc.)
- Former NFL coaches (head, assistant, special teams, etc.) who will host a camp associated with a nonprofit organization and/or school
Please note that the NFL Foundation will not review applications for any players or coaches who have not completed grant reports (formerly known as evaluations) for past grants.
Grant funds cannot be used to pay for hotel or travel costs for camp coaches.
Application is due March 31, 2019.
First-time coaches at camps funded through the NFL Foundation must complete the Foundation's online Coach Smart course with instruction on heat and hydration and concussion awareness and prevention. This year's Coach Smart Course includes an updated CDC concussion awareness video.
For first time applicants and any players who need assistance running camps, the NFL Foundation strongly recommends applying for the USA Football FUNdamentals camp (available once the applicant logs in and registers). FUNdamentals is designed to provide a turn-key and ready-to-execute, non-contact youth football clinic at the desired facility. The objective is simple: Make it easy for caring NFL players and coaches to provide a positive football development experience to children in their communities.
About the Youth Football Program:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.nflfoundation.org/users/login/index/redirTo:L2FwcGxpY2F0aW9ucy9wcm9ncmFtcy9jYW1wYWlnbi9DTVA=
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)