San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Tribal Government
Grants to USA Tribal governments and nonprofits and grants to California nonprofits and K-12 schools and school districts in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties for community services. Funding is intended for programs in the areas of health, education, special projects, and economic and community development.
San Manuel’s charitable giving program supports organizations that provide services in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. Applications are also accepted from Tribal Governments and Tribal nonprofit organizations throughout the United States.
Resources are directed within four areas of program focus to benefit these communities and improve quality of life for adults, children and families.
Applications in each area are considered through the lens of demonstrated community need, and an organization’s capacity to meet that need.
Includes projects that address educational disparities and boost educational opportunities for youth. Of particular interest are early childhood education, high school graduation, and college-going rates. We provide support pre-K through high school, as well as to after-school and college/university projects.
Includes giving that supports prevention and health information projects, and direct health services for those in need. Giving is focused to improve health outcomes and address issues of particular concern locally and within Native American communities.
Economic & Community Development
Includes projects that meet the basic needs of families, employment and housing programs, community safety/infrastructure development projects, and financial literacy programs.
In addition to Education, Health and Economic Development, San Manuel also supports Special Project requests. These include the arts, cultural awareness, nonprofit capacity building, environment initiatives, and disaster response projects – particularly those that address local issues and those focused within Native American communities.
GrantWatch ID#: 184293
Up to $100,000; First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to apply using the application for $5,000 and below.
Organizations with current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.
Organizations must be able to demonstrate three years of continuous service as a 501(c)(3) organization from the effective date of exemption. In addition, an applicant must demonstrate at least three years of strong financial capacity and performance to be considered for funding.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Tribal Governments and government entities exclusive for public purposes.
- K-12 schools/districts, colleges and universities. One request per school will be considered per 12-month period. In addition, a letter must be signed and submitted by the school’s principal supporting the request for funding.
- Religious organizations that have received a 501(c)(3) designation, seeking funding for projects outlined in the Program Areas of Education, Health, Economic and Community Development, and Special Projects. Religious organizations seeking funding for religious purposes are ineligible to apply.
At this time, the charitable giving program does not support:
- Individuals for any purpose (e.g. scholarships, hardship assistance, field trips).
- Programs delivering services to the general population outside San Bernardino and Riverside Counties (Tribal Government requests excepted).
- Organizations that spend more than 25 percent of their operating budget on administrative overhead and fundraising costs.
- National organizations that do not deliver services in our geographic area (national Tribal organizations requests excepted). Organizations seeking sponsorships that do not have a current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.
- Third party funding/funding for redistribution to other groups.
- Religious organizations seeking funding for religious purposes. Religious organizations that have received 501(c)(3) designation, seeking funding for projects outlined in our Program Areas of Education, Health, Economic and Community Development, and Special Projects are eligible to apply.
- Booster Clubs. Clubs are encouraged to work directly with school principals on school application.
- Beauty pageants.
While requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, please note that requests are generally not approved to fund the majority or total cost of a project budget.
Applications are reviewed three times a year. The deadlines for considering applications are:
Grant Application Review Date: Third Thursday in June
Grant Application Review Date: Third Thursday in October
Grant Application Review Date: Third Thursday in February
Please note these dates are subject to change.
Applicants are encouraged to apply well before the deadline date.
To be eligible for special event support, your application must be completed and submitted 90 days before all event-related deadlines - including printing or sponsor logo deadlines. Event support is limited to organizations that operate programs within the areas of interest.
Program areas: https://www.sanmanuel-nsn.gov/Charitable-Giving/Program-Areas
Application process: https://www.sanmanuel-nsn.gov/Charitable-Giving/Application-Process
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online for $5,000 and below:
Apply online for $5,000 to $100,000:
San Manuel Community Outreach Department
26569 Community Center Drive
Highland, CA 92346
(909) 864-8933 (phone)
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming