National Network of Libraries of Medicine Pacific Northwest Region (NNLM PNR) and NIH All of Us Research Program
08/07/19 3:00 PM PT
Grants of up to $19,000 to Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington public libraries or institutions that provide health information for community health education and outreach. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended to improve community health through providing training and access to health resources.
Projects are strongly encouraged to incorporate one or more of the following:
- Provide training to public library staff and/or patrons on one or more National Library of Medicine resources, such as MedlinePlus, ClinicalTrials.gov, or Genetics Home Reference.
- Provide engagement in health literacy initiatives and awareness of the All of Us Research Program.
- Provide training and educational activities to support the capacity of public library staff to carry out health information and health literacy sessions for their communities.
- Improve awareness of and develop skills to locate high-quality biomedical and health information with diverse and underrepresented populations.
- Promote health information literacy in patient or consumer health education with diverse and underrepresented populations.
- Encourage partnerships between health sciences, hospital, academic and public libraries, community- and faith-based organizations, volunteer organizations, and other public venues.
- Promote and improve access to library and information services with diverse and underrepresented populations.
- Improve digital literacy amongst diverse and underrepresented populations.
- Improve understanding of and participation in scientific research, including the All of Us Research program and citizen science, with diverse and underrepresented populations.
Allowable expenses: Personnel, equipment, supplies, travel and other costs such as reproduction of materials, software, Internet service provider fees. These are examples only and are not meant to be all-inclusive. Expenses are also allowed to publicize a health information service, event or resource, including NLM or NNLM resources or services, but the allowable costs are limited to educational materials or publicity, such as posters, displays, flyers, bookmarks, or brochures.
GrantWatch ID#: 185666
During Year 4 (May 1, 2019-April 30, 2020) funding is available for up to 5 awards each up to $19,000.
Funding Period: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 to Thursday, April 30, 2020
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alaska; Idaho; Montana; Oregon; Washington