Foundation / Corporation
Grants to USA service providers for programs that benefit the autistic community. Funding is intended for summer camp programs, adult employment programs, adult service programs, swimming and water safety, and physical fitness and sports programs. Programs should serve people with autism of all ages.
Autism Speaks will fund recreational programs demonstrating the ability to:
- Reach a wide age range of individuals on the spectrum
- Have true, measurable impact on the lives of those who participate and their loved ones
- Grow and replicate best practices with other partners in their community, state or region
The Baker Recreation Programs will support:
- Summer Camp Programs – including day and overnight programs that provide a safe and nurturing environment where people with autism can enjoy a variety of therapeutic activities and sports, and arts and technology programs that help them reach their full potential during the summer. These programs are also a source of much needed respite for families and caregivers.
- Adult Service Programs – including recreation and respite programs specifically for adults. These programs may also teach life skills, health, and community living skills.
- Adult Employment Programs – including programs that are dedicated to helping individuals with autism find and maintain meaningful employment by teaching them the skills they need to succeed in the workplace.
- Physical Fitness and Sports Programs – including a wide range of athletic activities and team sports, as well as health and wellness programs both in school and after school which aim to ensure people with autism are learning how to engage in physical activities that they can share with their peers.
- Swimming and Water Safety – including programs that provide qualified swimming and water safety lessons specifically for individuals with autism.
GrantWatch ID#: 186356
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For any questions, please email Serena Selkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016
Phone: (646) 385-8500
Fax: (212) 252-8676
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming