Foundation / Corporation
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations in areas in which the funding source operates for programs and services in the areas of education, arts, social issues, and youth. The funding source serves Arkansas and Kansas as well as Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma, Sun Valley, Idaho, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Cox Charities is committed to positively impacting individuals in its residential service areas. Funding is available for activities and programs, focusing on a single, specific program within the organization.
GrantWatch ID#: 181204
Maximum funding amounts:
Sun Valley: $500
Arkansas, Kansas, and Omaha: $5,000
Oklahoma City and Tulsa: $10,000
To qualify for a Community Investment grant, organizations must:
- Qualify for tax-exempt status under IRS code 501(c)(3)
- Be physically located and provide services within the Cox residential service area
- Meet a need in the community without unnecessary duplication of services
- Promote sound fiscal and governance practices demonstrating overall financial health and sustainability
- Regularly measure and evaluate program outcomes
- Submit only one application per market; Organizations submitting multiple requests in one market will be disqualified
To optimize impact, Cox Charities will not support:
- Athletic clubs or organizations
- Capital campaigns and expenditures
- Foundations or organizations that would utilize funding for pass-through grant-making purposes
- General operating expenses, including but not limited to utilities, facility costs, administrative salaries or wages and fundraising or marketing expenses
- Programs supporting a political campaign or specific religious beliefs
- Special or one-time events
The application deadline is Wednesday, May 1st.
All applications will be reviewed by the Cox Charities Advisory Council.
Nonprofits will be notified of funding decisions in August.
Successful applications must leverage other funding; Funding will not be awarded to an organization if the Cox Charities grant is the only source of financial support.
Service area specific pages:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Arkansas; Idaho: Sun Valley; Kansas; Nebraska: Omaha; Oklahoma: Oklahoma City and Tulsa